Monday, November 12, 2007

Closed for Renovation



Be Back


In


December










The World Famous Northwest Corner will be closed for a little sprucing up over the next couple or three weeks. A few repairs, a little remodeling, a touch of paint here and there. A new, more contemporary look. Strengthening of structural elements. Better plumbing and more electric. A more rational layout

No, no, no. I'm not talking about the Corner being spruced up! I'm talking about me! The Corner will merely be closed while I'm renovating myself. I'll be off in the wilds of Southeast Asia (see earlier posts), rebuilding mind, soul and body. I'll come back as a new, sleeker, wittier, more sarcastic (but I mean that in the best possible way) model; a less tired, jaded, cliché-ridden and jejune Rainier96.

And, of course, with a newly acquired taste for rice. You're gonna love the changes.

While I'm gone:

1. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

2. Look forward eagerly to the opening of the movie version of Philip Pullman's The Golden Compass, due for release the first week of December. (See earlier post.)

3. Check your sports pages to see whether it is Washington or Stanford that finally ends up at the very bottom of the PAC-10 standings.

4. Hope that the Administration doesn't reach for one last-ditch grasp at success and historical relevancy by invading Iran.

5. Keep track of how many more Republicans decide not to run for re-election in 2008, so they can spend more time with their families. Or their dogs. Or to take up origami as they've always dreamed of doing.

6. Await with anticipation Zachary's announcement of which colleges he's applying to this fall.

7. And ... wait eagerly for the re-opening for business of The Northwest Corner by its renovated proprietor.

No comments: