Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sixth anniversary


Six years ago today, I published my first blog post.  A boy on a haystack, wondering what to write about.  So young.  So naive.

Now, here we are.  Six years later, with 577 published posts under my belt (plus one that I published and later depublished, because I was uncomfortable with the sort of attention it was receiving!).

It's been fun.  In general, I've tried to dash off roughly a couple of posts a week.  Sometimes I write with great enthusiasm; other times, I really can't think of much to say.  But it all averages out.

In case you're curious, over the past couple of years, I've been averaging about two thousand hits per month -- from virtually every nation in the world -- which surprises me a bit.   Some hits merely represent surfers attracted to a particular post's photo, but that's ok, too.   No matter what they're seeking, it's fun to realize that readers in Iraq, Sri Lanka, Tunisia and Kazakhstan are among those looking at my blog, together with the more expected readers from the U.S., the U.K., Russia, India, Canada and Germany (the top six sources of my readership).

I fully expect to be celebrating a seventh anniversary a year from now, with another ninety or a hundred posts added to my total.  Thanks for checking in occasionally.

No comments: