Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Depressive states


Loki on the prowl
April 3, 2018
My birthday dinner at Café Lago,
right here in the Montlake
neighborhood

Yeah, I know.  It's been nine days since my last posting.  You know I haven't been on vacation, because I always brag about my vacations long in advance.

Ok, two things.  First, my sister, her middle son Denny, and Denny's girlfriend Jessie were visiting the better part of four days.  That's a decent excuse.  The other problem you don't want to hear about -- the protracted death of my cat Loki.  Which, incidentally, is still a work in progress.


Bloedel Preserve on Bainbridge

Situational depression.  That's like clinical depression, but with an obvious cause and of limited duration.  That's my basic trouble right now, I suspect.  Embarrassing, because I have confronted many problems in my life with a certain insouciance, or at least appearance of insouciance, and it seems odd that now -- in my dotage, if you must -- I would be laid low by the impending death of a cat. 

Hiking in Interlaken Park,
a couple of blocks from
my house. 

But such is the case, and I've talked about it too much already.  Loki himself is being far more mature and circumspect about the matter -- he isn't making Traviata out of it, lying in bed with one forearm over his eyes, singing interminable arias.  So I will attempt adulthood, and trouble you no more about the matter.


Ferry ride to Bainbridge Island





The visit by relatives was very enjoyable.  Rather than bore you with what was really just a family affair, I'll throw in a few photos (plus one of Loki as he was today) and call it a blog post.

Enjoy.

No comments: