Sunday, January 24, 2021

Classy arm jabs


We will soon have a new social elite, according to the New York Times.  Or already have one, perhaps.  Those who have received Covid-19 vaccinations.

Fearless mingling at social events.  Fine dining in restaurants.  Foreign travel. Hugs and kisses. 

"Likes" on Facebook!  Bragging rights on dating apps.  As one smug vaccinatee has already claimed:  "Dating me is like dating a golden retriever ... who's been vaccinated."  Good on you, dude.

A spokesman for a dating app claims:

Basically, getting the vaccine is the hottest thing you could be doing on a dating app right now.

Well!  Time, I guess, to announce that I'll be receiving the Pfizer vaccine at 3:50 p.m. PST today.  Let the good times roll.  Let the party begin.

And no, I don't belong to a British club, charging dues of £25,000 per year -- the one that's flying its members to the United Arab Emirates for immediate vaccinations, bypassing the slow, stodgy National Health Service.   I'll just be checking in with my friendly local health provider, with Medicare footing the bill.

The Times article didn't disclose how many of those flush U.A.E. visitors were suffering from debilitating side effects after their shots -- a question that today poses some urgency for me -- but its members are spending the tedious weeks between first and second vaccinations by taking camel rides across the desert. 

That's good enough for me.

No comments: