Friday, April 23, 2021

"Good morning, America, how are you?"



 

A little over twelve hours until I depart Seattle's King Street Station on the Coast Starlight.  I probably wouldn't be as excited if it didn't represent an end to fifteen months of being confined to quarters, as it were.  Travel, yes!  Trains, yes!  Freedom, yes!

This photo shows the Coast Starlight passing Mount Shasta in northern California.  Unfortunately, it will be the wee hours of Sunday morning when we roar down this stretch of track.  But that's ok.  Plenty of daytime scenery earlier, crossing the Cascades during the three-hour stretch from Eugene to Chemult.  And the entire Willamette valley south of Portland is certainly scenic, in a different, valley-like way.

I'll be back from my mini-vacation (micro-vacation?) Sunday night.  Hopefully, with fresh material to discuss on this blog -- I've been a lazy idler this past week.

No comments: