Sunday, November 7, 2021

من در اردیبهشت ماه به ایران می


Eight months ago, I announced in this blog that I had signed up for a trip to Iran in October 2021.  My post received a surprisingly large number of hits.  Possibly -- no, probably -- because I titled it in Persian (Farsi).

In July, with tail between my legs, I announced that I had postponed the trip a year, until October 2022.  I was concerned partly by the Covid-19 situation in Iran, but primarily because I wanted to join relatives in Italy at about the same time.

I am now happy to announce that I've moved the Iran trip up to May 2022 -- just six months from now.  The trip is being organized by a major adventure company.  I inquired how many travelers had signed up for the trip for the two dates.  I was told that only I was signed up for October, but that they had one person already signed up for May.

Now, with my decision, the May date has two eager tourists signed up.  The trip can handle six to sixteen members, and will not run with fewer than six.  So I have to hope that in coming months four more persons are interested enough in Iran -- an extremely interesting country, both for its history and its present position in international affairs -- to sign up.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, this will be the second time I've traveled in Iran.  I know from first hand experience what a beautiful and fascinating  country  it is.  I look forward eagerly and hopefully to a May visit.
--------------------------------
Photo -- School kids clowning around in Tehran. (2011)

No comments: