Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Septdecennial

 

Yes, today is the seventeenth anniversary of my first blog post.  On March 20, 2007, after several hours fiddling around with setting up a blog, I posted:

Ok, my friend. Now that you've spent too much time deciding how this blog page should appear esthetically, and even more time deciding how best to present to the indifferent world an idealized description of your ever-important Self, you really might want to decide what it is you're going to write about. Don't you think?

Gosh and golly ... I stare off into space ... and await inspiration.

After 1,580 posts, I still find myself at times asking myself the same question.

In calendar year 2023, I posted 52 times -- the worst showing in all of my seventeen years.  I can't explain it, even though it was the end result of a three-year downward trend.  I just hope it was, in fact, the "end" and that things will be looking up in the future

As for this past year, I'll follow last year's example and not provide a "most popular" list.  The constant activity of robots scanning blogs now makes those figures somewhat meaningless. 

I do have a few personal favorites, but this year those almost all were related to my personal travels, not to issues of general interest.  I'll try to be more generally appealing in the year to come.

 

No comments: