Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Farewell to pink


The never-ending restoration of my house, after days of shooting scenes for The Details, goes on. The producers have installed new carpeting upstairs (after ripping out my cat-dander-infested old carpeting), have obliged me by hauling away years of accumulated debris from my basement (that I've been too lazy to have hauled away myself), have restored the original paint job downstairs, and have even provided my cats with a brand new cat door. Also, they have re-sodded my backyard, and as a nice, unbargained-for bonus, will hire a gardener to trim and prune the landscaping.

But ... the most noticeable accomplishment -- the job that causes the entire neighborhood to breathe a collective sigh of relief -- has been the obliteration of the color pink from my exterior wood trim. As seen in this picture --with some difficulty because of the not-yet-trimmed shrubbery -- the trim is brown, and the house exterior once again looks halfway respectable.

There ain't nothing more to write about, and I am rotten glad of it, because if I'd a knowed what a trouble it was to loan yer house to make a movie I wouldn't a tackled it, and ain't a-going to no more.

No comments: